Essential Items For an Unforgettable Trip
Take a moment to read our packing tips to ensure you can make the most of your time at Tukto Lodge. Our plane limits each guest to no more than 125 pounds of personal gear. Try to keep your rod length under six feet and group your rods into one or two rod tubes.
To ensure your comfort, we suggest you wear layers of clothing while you are out on the lake, from cotton undershirts to long-sleeved thermals that you can take on and off with ease. Insulated clothing and regular fishing attire will suit you just fine, but you might consider a Gortex jacket and pants, too. Gortex boots or rubber boots will also help keep you dry. Bring your own hip boots if you like, but we do have some (sizes 8 to 12) that you are more than welcome to use. We suggest you bring several pairs of warm socks, gloves and hats as well.
Consider your camera essential. You'll be surrounded by incredible scenery and wildlife, not to mention all your trophy fish. Bring sunscreen and insect repellent, such as Muskol or Repel. Don't worry about towels or bed linens, but double-check that you've packed all your toiletries and medications. Don't forget your battery-operated alarm clock and sunglasses!
Please remember all hooks are to be single barbless. We have spare rods and reels at the lodge for rent, and a great selection of fishing lures, leaders and line for sale in our tackle shop. Our guides are happy to offer advice on gear that will entice the trophy fish you're after! No need to worry about a fishing license. We'll arrange the paperwork and have it ready for you upon arrival.
Bring your favourite medium to heavyweight rod and reel with 20-30 lb. test line for trout, and an ultra-light rod and reel for grayling. You should also bring:
- 4 1/2 inch spoons - Daredevils and Len Thompsons (yellow with red diamonds, blue and silver, red and white, etc.)
- 30-50 lb. test wire leaders 12" or 24" long with good swivel lock
- Assorted spinner baits, #0 and #1 Mepps spinners (Black Fury)
- 1/4 - 1/2 ounce Little Cleo spoons (orange and blue with silver)
- 2 - 3 ounce trout jigs and 8 - 10" twister tails
- Small swivels
- Spare fishing line (6 & 20 # test line)
- Needle nose pliers and fillet knife
- One small tackle box with all the tackle you'll need
Book Your Experience